C-Ultrascorb in New Zealand
PH Adjusted Vitamin C Tablet With Hesperidin And Cysteine.
- Reduce the severity and duration of colds.
- Assist in the management of minor wounds.
- Easy, once a day tablet for improved compliance.
- Minimises gut irritation and provides enhanced absorption of vitamin C: Metagenics vitamin C contains mineral ascorbates that are buffered and therefore less acidic, helping to minimise gut irritation. The use of mineral ascorbates also provides valuable electrolytes including sodium, potassium, magnesium and calcium that are well absorbed. The pH adjusted vitamin C is combined with hesperidin, a flavonoid which works synergistically with vitamin C, enhancing absorption and inhibiting oxidation.
- May assist in reducing hay fever and allergies: An inverse relationship has been shown between plasma concentrations of vitamin C and histamine. In a review study, vitamin C was shown to significantly depress histamine levels by destroying the imidole ring of the histamine molecule. Excess histamine can irritate the respiratory tract and impair neutrophil chemotaxis, resulting in allergy-like symptoms and weakened immunity.
- Helps repair skin: Vitamin C is an essential cofactor for the synthesis of collagen, proteoglycans and other components of the intracellular matrix of tissues such as skin, bones and teeth. The important role that vitamin C plays in the formation of collagen also indicates its use in repairing wounds such as minor cuts, scratches and abrasions. Vitamin C has been shown in clinical trials to significantly speed up the rate of wound healing.
- A review of 21 placebo, controlled trials has shown vitamin C to reduce the severity of symptoms and the duration of the common cold by an average of 23%. Vitamin C concentrations rapidly decline during infections such as the common cold, indicating the important role that vitamin C plays in resistance to infection. Vitamin C has been shown to enhance leukocyte motility, neutrophil chemotaxis, T-lymphocyte proliferation and improve antimicrobial and natural killer cell activity.
Adults: Take 1 tablet daily, or as directed by your healthcare professional.
Not to be used in children under two years of age without medical advice. Vitamin supplements should not replace a balanced diet.
Store below 30° C