ALERGENICS 202G- Metagenics
ALERGENICS 202G- Metagenics
ALERGENICS 202G in New Zealand
Support For Allergy And Healthy Immune Regulation
The ingredients in Alergenics have been shown to or may:
- - Help to support healthy immune regulation1 and function.
- - Supports gastrointestinal immune function3 and natural liver detoxification processes.
- - The Metagenics Allergy and Reactivity Reduction Program may increase tolerance to allergens.
- Helps to increase allergic tolerance and reduce allergic reactions by addressing underlying factors of allergy such as immune dysfunction, inflammation, detoxification processes and gut barrier function (Figure 1).
- Supports immune regulation and function: Glutamine and Shiitake increase secretory IgA (sIgA) secretion to prevent antigen adhesion and translocation through the luminal epithelial surface. Baical skullcap and Reishi help to regulate T helper 1 (Th1) and T helper 2 (Th2) balance. Baical skullcap also exerts an anti-allergic effect by regulating T cell-mediated responses including decreasing IgE and increasing IgG2.
- Reduces intestinal permeability and inhibits allergen permeation. Baical skullcap, glutamine, zinc, vitamin A and vitamin D act upon tight junctions of intestinal epithelium. Baical Skullcap may attenuate a food allergic response by inhibiting allergen permeation.
- Symptomatic relief of allergies via anti-inflammatory and mast cell stabilising mechanisms. Alergenics contains Baical skullcap, Milk thistle and Reishi which inhibit the release of histamine from mast cells. In a randomised controlled trial, Perilla frutescens leaf extract was shown to suppress immunoglobulin response and inflammation in mild allergic rhinitis. Choline intake leads to an increase in membrane phosphatidyl choline and may be effective in relieving urticaria and allergic rhinitis symptoms. Vitamin D may also exert an anti-inflammatory effect due to suppressing the production of Matrix Metalloproteinases (MMPs), which may play an active role in allergic rhinitis.
- Supports detoxification processes. Detoxification processes may help to remove immunologically active material, which reduces the potential of immune reactions. Milk thistle helps the liver’s natural detoxification processes.
Children 9 to 13 years: Add 1 level metric teaspoon (3.6 g) to 100 mL water twice daily with food.
Adults and children over 13 years: Add 2 level metric teaspoons (7.2 g) to 200 mL water twice daily with food.
Store below 30° C
When taken in excess of 3000 micrograms retinol equivalents – vitamin A can cause birth defects. If you pregnant or are considering becoming pregnant, do not take Vitamin A supplements without consulting your healthcare professional. The recommended daily amount of vitamin A from all sources is 700 micrograms retinol equivalents for women and 900 micrograms retinol equivalents for men.
Not all cautions and contraindications are listed.