INFLA-MOOD 60's- Metagenics
INFLA-MOOD 60's- Metagenics
INFLA-MOOD 60 CAPSULES in New Zealand
BCM-95™ Turmeric, With Saffron For Healthy Mood Balance
Ingredients in Infla-Mood have been shown to or may:
- - Support healthy mood balance.
- - Exert neuroprotective activity2and may modulate neurotransmitters.
- - Contains researched strength Saffron and high dose BCM-95™ Turmeric.
- - BCM-95™ is an enhanced absorption turmeric extract providing volatile oils and the full spectrum of curcuminoids.
- Extensively clinically trialled ingredients, shown to be as effective as, and able to be used alongside, pharmaceutical SSRIs without negative effects.
- Two clinical trials on BCM-95™ turmeric and four on saffron show these ingredients, at doses found in Infla-mood, to be as effective as pharmaceuticals in supporting healthy mood. In a randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial 60 patients with low mood were treated with 25.0 g BCM-95™ turmeric per day or a pharmaceutical selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI) for 6 weeks. BCM-95™ turmeric was found to be as effective as the SSRI for supporting healthy mood. Similarly, in a randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled study of 30 patients with low mood, 90 mg saffron per day was shown to be as effective as a pharmaceutical tricyclic antidepressant (TCA) in supporting healthy mood.
- Inflammation up-regulates enzymes and pathways involved in mood. An animal study has shown that activation of inflammatory pathways via nuclear factor – ƙB (NF-ƙB) and mitogen activated protein kinases (MAPk) has been implicated in the pathophysiology of low mood. NF-ƙB leads to increased release of interferon-gamma and other cytokines, which eventually lead to dysregulation of the HPA axis, impaired metabolism of monoamine neurotransmitters (i.e. serotonin, dopamine and noradrenaline) and reduced neuronal plasticity.
Curcumin and saffron address multiple contributors to low mood. Curcumin has shown, in animal studies, to increase neurogenesis, potentially via modulation of the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal (HPA) axis and by increasing brain derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) production in the brain. It also:
- - Is a potent antioxidant
- - Modulates immuno-inflammation
- - Provides significant neuroprotection
- - Influences monoamine transmission through its effect on serotonergic and dopaminergic activity.
Saffron is suggested, in animal studies, to support healthy mood by:
- - Maximising natural levels of monoamines in the brain
- - Reducing glutamate activity in the brain via N-methyl-D-aspartate (NMDA) receptor antagonism
- - Enhancing neurogenesis via improved BDNF signalling.
Adults and children over 12 years:Take 1 capsule twice daily with food.
Store below 30°C
Free from animal products, corn, dairy protein, lactose, eggs, gluten, wheat, nuts, yeast, soy protein and salt. Free from artificial colours, flavours and preservatives.
Excipients: Chlorophyllin-copper complex, Disodium edetate, Gellan gum, Hypromellose, Magnesium stearate, Microcrystalline cellulose, Potassium acetate, Purified water and Sorbitan monolaurate.
Vegetable capsules (VegeCaps) may be preferred by people wishing to avoid gelatin for health or religious reasons.